Below is a list of some of the requirements of the E2 Visa
- You must come from one of the treaty countries, as a treaty investor, you must be coming to the United States to invest in a new or existing enterprise.
- The definition of Investment means the investor’s placing of capital, including funds and or her assets, at risk in the commercial sense with the objective of generating a profit.
- You can use the investment to either buy an existing business or use it for a Start up. It will be advisable for the Investment to be in excess of $100,000 depending on the type of business. This can be done for a lower amount but you need an experienced Attorney to assist you in this circumstance
- Your investment must be in a bona fide enterprise and may not be marginal. It must not be a business just for you to maintain you and your Family. This must be a commercial business with the hope of generating profit and employing staff in future
- You must be able to demonstrate that your investment is substantial and irrevocably committed? A reasonable percentage of the investment must be committed to the business. Example: – you’ve signed a lease for 5years or you’ve bought equipment’s for the business with at least 35% of the investment amount
- You must be able to provide the source of your funding. The source must be legitimate and it must not be linked up to money laundering
- You must be physically be in the United States to develop and direct the enterprise, Virtual business or Online business will not qualify because it will be deemed that an online business can be managed from any location
- Your experience and Qualification relevant to the business will be a big bonus because this will give you credibility that you can manage the business